Monday, May 18, 2009

Anna Vissi LGR web interview

The Cypriot icon gears up to hit London for a sensational performance to be given at the Royal Festival Hall, on Saturday May 23.

Anna Vissi oozes charisma, brilliant energy on stage and knows to captivate the audience. Cyprus' No.1 female star is to whip up the fan’s excitement with the backlog of great songs, and fresh material as well.

The music star had shifted 9.5 million albums world-wide.

Tony Neophytou on LGR.CO.UK caught up with the singer.

Question. What famous tracks shall be sung?

Answer. Most of my concerts, I usually perform songs from my past that I know my audience loves to hear along with new tracks. Songs like 'Dotheka', 'Travma' and 'Antidote' won't be left out from the London show. In addition, I am super excited for them to hear me perform my new songs.

Question. The Greek Cypriot fan club is amazing, with every live concert the atmosphere, is truly electrifying. Is UK one of the best destinations?

Answer. I believe the UK is one of the best destinations. The Greeks and Cypriot-Greeks living there have opened themselves up to the world and more importantly world music. And I've noticed that I have worldliness about my music and my shows bring it out in me especially in a place like London.

Question. The strong comeback 'Apagorevmeno' set is a flawless, excellent production, which was fully being made in LA on Jam Music Label, features a mix of Greek pop-dance, rock, R&B and zeimbekika. What are your favourite cuts?

Answer. I can't say I have favourites because the whole production was an incredible experience. To me, each song speaks for itself and has complete value and truth. It’s what makes we want to make more music and explore productions in other parts of the world.

Question. One million hits on YouTube for the music video 'Apagorevmeno', broke all records, is this archievement one of the proudest moments?

Answer. I have many proud moments and this videos success was something exciting for me and those involved in the production. I love that people from around the world can view the video from their own homes. This is something to be proud of.

Question. The imminent release to an English album is a real chance to breakthrough beyond Greece’s musical territory, what are the goals you’ve set yourself?

I have no goals. I have visions, and it’s about feeling my music and exploring who I am and in addition to that I get to play with all elements of music productions.

Question. Talk of a new potential hit song, is to feature collaboration with English reggae star Maxie Priest, how is this progressing so far and will you find the time to teach him a few words in Greek?

Answer. We are in early stages, but in due time I will fill you in with the details.

Question. I read a quote of yours: "Cyprus boasts the biggest talent anywhere!" You’ve set-up a scholarship fund to award one Cypriot girl, the chance of a life-time to pursue their craft, are you to mentor someone, how’s that fascinating process going to work?

Answer. The way this works for me, is to find someone who inspires me. I don't know if I believe in mentors especially when someone has the talent, then they have the talent. I would rather support them as they find their direction and share my experiences in the music world thus far!!! Hopefully this will open their minds and let the music take them where they need to be.

Thank you very much for the time; it’s been an absolute privilege!

9 comments:

valentinovissi said...

POLY GLYKIA,4 KAI POPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/234315325/London_Greek_Radio__London_s_No.1_Greek_Community_Radio_Station.rm.html

Anonymous said...

mpeite kai psifiste ws agapimeni sas tragoudistria tin anna ...euxaristw///!!!///!!!

Anonymous said...

s auto to site

http://www.hi5.com/friend/profile/displaySameProfile.do?userid=399174873

ΚΩΣΤΑΣ.. said...

EEEEEEEEEEEE BLOGERS ΑΝΑΚΟΙΝΟΣΤΕ ΤΙΣ ΗΜΕΡΟΜΗΝΙΕΣ,ΤΙ ΚΑΝΕΤΕ!!!

Anonymous said...

στο επισημο site της Αννας, wwww.annavissi.net , εχει βγει το προγραμμα των συναυλιων απο σημερα το πρωι.. εχουν ανακοινωθει 21 συναυλιες, ενω αναμενονται περιπου αλλες 12-15 συναυλιες !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

fenete pos o anonimos x ixe alli mia fora dikio, mas to pe oti simera tha vgoun i imerominies, mallon kseri polla aftos kala kani ke mas lei

Anonymous said...

Paidia as metafrasi kapoios ti sinentefksi k gia emas pou de kseroume agglika

Anonymous said...

AMAN PIA S'AKOUSAME, DEN THA PSYFISOUME TIN MALEA, THA PSYFISOUME TIN VANDI.